Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

PhotoTrip: Botanic Gardens


And then we are off. Phototrip time! WooT WooT! Monday was a little let down. Change of locations. The Ubin trip was called off.
Oh well, enjoyed myself nontheless. Packed my camera gear and i was off to the Botanic Garderns. Had an overcast sky. Was praying that it wouldnt rain. Thank you God. The weather held out. As i got there, wow... Apart from the locals working there, i think i'm the only local there! Hee.
Oh well, time to blend in. Whipped out my camera and time to act touristy.
And time to get tigger happy. Started taking all sort of things. Flowers, plants, ants, bees. Whatever i could get into my viewfinder, it was captured. No hot chicks there that day though. LOL. Was a nice day to stroll about the gardens. Cool breeze, cloudy weather. Flowers are in bloom.
Managed to put full use of some of my lenses. Ah the 400mm Prime lens was finally back into service.
Macro tubes extensions was a good investment.
Oggies startd out from the visitor center and head of towards the Ginger garden.
Venture ard there, saw many pretty flowers there. Ahh... at one with nature.
Next stop, headed to the Bandstand. Along the way capture a few shots of sculptures.
And other interesting plants here and there. I think i should up load the pics.
Clearer explanation. But photobucket is taking forever!!! hehe.
Verbal description is a litte hard to explain and describe the beauty aroud me.
And i am really bad at expressing myself. Oh boy.

Oggies Here goes. First stop Ginger Gardens. I shall let Nature explain its beauty Herself. Gosh. what a sight to behold


A wasp hard a work


Spot the ants!





WaterFall.

Next stop, headed to the Bandstand. I guess the location would be in the center of the whole gardens. Oh the peace and tranquillity.


spays of Orhchids.


Weeeeee!!!


Big lalang.






Moss Moss.



A side trail. Found it very secretive. Like the way to a Secret Garden. LOL

Oggies. Plodding along, I reached Swan Lake. Saw white swams swimming abt.



More flowers ard the bank.






Still got lots more pics coming up! Next Stop, i headed to the Symphony Lake. I saw DUCKIES!!! WooT. Boy are they CUTE!!! And they SQUEAK!!. LOL


A DuckieTeers!





Enough for them for now.
Wow. Into my 3rd hour at the gardens. Walked on further and reached the Bukit Timah end of it. AND this time I saw Black swans! CooLe


Gracefull swimmer.


Snoozing in the sun.

Bouganvellias in full bloom!



Butterfly. LOL

These pics posted are some of my better shots. So just to share with all u people out there. Have fun. This concludes my Tour of the Botnic Gardens. Will be posting up the Tree Top Trail tonight.
Off to the Asian Aerospace now.
Cheers!
Peace y'all!